1. Don't buy an expensive camera, use your iphone and purchase camera plus pro (1.99) for super speedy photos; instagram (free) for vintage feel; and adobe photoshop express (free) to edit photos, crop and brightening.
2. Find the best light: Indoor-west facing window for morning, east facing window for evening; Outdoor-magic hour is first hour after sunrise and last two hours before sunset.
3. Take monthly photo shoots the first year and check out some of my baby photo props on burpsandboogies.com. Focus on details feet, belly button, first tooth etc.
4. Create a backdrop and check out my assortment of backdrops on burpsandboogies.com.
5. Keep baby comfortable and make sure baby is well rested, well fed (take photos 1/2 hour after feeding) and clean diaper.